Friday, September 16, 2011

Keith Ablow vs. Chaz Bono...


This years Dancing With Ths Stars Premiere is just 3 days away..Will you watch?  I have to be honest , while I do like to watch the b-list actors and actress get up and shake their groove thang with the elegant "pros" of DWTS, I have only rarely tuned in.  What generally draws me to this show is the fact that they like to extort or expose controversy and hey, I'm only human, I dig it.  When Bachelor dumpee,Melissa Rycroft, debuted only days after being dumped on National TV...I watched.  When Kate Gosselin, aka, Mom of the Year, showed up after a very tumultuous and public split with husband, John...I watched.  The same is true this season only I am not watching people who have subjected themselves  to public scrutiny for the sake of fame, I am watching to see history made.

History is a difficult monster to tread beyond...I mean it is the same until it isn't anymore.  As with any change in the norm, ridicule will come, people will speculate and insults may fly.  Can you imagine at one time a black person was considered dangerous of infecting our society..they had to use different facilities from white men and were publicly humiliated and prosecuted if they ever stepped out of line with the all-white police.  Imagine being THE one who stood on the front lines and gave a face to the reality of change.  This is what I believe Chaz is trying to do.  She is doing harm to no one as she isn't invading our homes and literally poisoning our innocent youth.  Parents, wake up.  Your children aren't going to stay sheltered from everything.  If they have the desire to discover the world, they will.  Hello-I was VERY sheltered.

Being Transgender is an issue that men and women alike have suffered with.  This unique orientation transcends class and hits a nerve with the fundamentals of our physical and mental composition.  I do not personally have experience with any person who is transgender but I sympathize deeply (for the same reason I sympathize with the gay and lesbian community)because these are some of the most attacked and ridiculed and misunderstood individuals living today.  They are forced many times to do things that are seemly outrageous to say "Hey, I'm here and somethings different about me."  I personally applaud Chaz because he is being true to who HE is.  HE is saying "I'm not a girl, get over it" to all those he loves and now is taking this to the national platform.  I hope he kicks ass.  I hope he feels satisfied and proud with his decision to continue on in the face of persecution.

My question will always be to those of you who have religious reasons for your protest of the LGBT community...When did you decide who and what you were going to be?  Did you decide not to be gay?  Not to be transgender?  Why then do you assume that these men and women did?
I hope everyone watches and cheers loudly for Chaz...He certainly deserves a place in this world and personally I was more afraid of letting my kids watch Heather Mills..I mean the looming fear that her leg might fly off was at times more than I could bear.  No mean comments please..I still watched and I liked her as a performer.  It scared me that's all:)

This is the statement made by Keith Ablow and a video is shown below.

Referring to Bono's presence on the show as "toxic," the psychiatrist has written an editorial for Fox News which reads:
I advise parents to not allow their children to watch the episodes in which Chaz appears.
The last thing vulnerable children and adolescents need, as they wrestle with the normal process of establishing their identities, is to watch a captive crowd in a studio audience applaud on cue for someone whose search for an identity culminated with the removal of her breasts, the injection of steroids and, perhaps one day soon, the fashioning of a make-shift phallus to replace her vagina.
Chaz Bono should not be applauded for asserting she is a man (and goes about trying to look like one) any more than a woman who believes she will be happier without arms, has them removed and then continues to assert that she was right all along—her self-concept was that of a double amputee. Now, all is well.
Chaz Bono should not be applauded any more than someone who, tragically, believes that his species, rather than gender, is what is amiss and asks a plastic surgeon to build him a tail of flesh harvested from his abdomen. If only a plastic surgeon would acquiesce, all would be well.
In the end, Dr. Ablow believes Chaz should be "empathized with" and treated with "dignity," just not applauded.  (This statement is taken from the link below.)




http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/09/dr-keith-ablow-to-parents-dont-applaud-for-chaz-bono/



Peace out-

1 comment:

  1. I STRONGLY DISLIKE FOX NEWS AND SARAH PALIN (just had to add that..ICK ICK)...DISLIKE DISLIKE. (can you tell by my caps?) I don't watch the DWTS show..just not my cup of tea...but I love your line that "Chaz deserves a place in this world" (I think that is what you said...or what I took away?) LIKE LIKE LIKE! and your line about Heather Mill's leg flying off...haha. Missy, you still crack me up!

    ReplyDelete